1.1 These terms and conditions form the basis of the agreement between you and The Owner for the rental of the Property named in the Invoice/Confirmation (“the Property”)
- 1.2 By paying the deposit you agree that you are over 18 years of age and that you accept full responsibility for all payments due and for the consequences of any actions of all persons who will use the Property during your stay. When payment for the deposit is made you will have deemed to have read all the Booking Conditions and agreed to be bound by them.
- 1.3 By paying the deposit you either agree to the terms of the “Try Before you Buy” scheme or declare that you are not a “Tourist”. (Working, Looking for work, writing book, Business Trip, Yacht Crew layover, Viewing other apartments / yachts to purchase/charter, Sports Tournament competitor, etc)
2.1 The Owner will confirm the booking upon receipt of the deposit of 20% of the rental charge (“the Deposit”).
- 2.2 Once the Owner has confirmed the booking from you and has received the Deposit then an agreement exists between us on these terms and conditions.
- 2.3 The Owner will accept a provisional booking and reserve the Property for your stay provided that we receive the Deposit from you within 7 working days.
- 2.4 If the stay is due to start within 8 weeks of the date of booking the total of the rental fee is payable at the time of booking
- 2.5 No subsequent changes may be made to any part of the Booking without The Owner’s express written approval.
- Final Payment
3.1 The remaining balance of the rental fee will become due Two months before the start of the stay. The Owner will not send you a reminder or a receipt unless you have requested one. If the balance is not received on time The Owner reserves the right to cancel your booking and retain the Deposit.
4.1 You may cancel your booking at any time provided you do so in
writing to The Owner. If cancelled more than Two months prior to the start of the stay, the deposit will be retained by The Owner but any payment made for the rental will be refunded.
- 4.2 If the booking is cancelled within two months of the start of the booking then you will remain liable for the full balance of the rental fee. If the cancelation is made before the rental fee is paid, you are still liable to pay the full rental fee. The Owner will seek to re-let the Property for all or part of the booking period and, if successfully, will refund/waiver the money paid/owed by you.
- 4.2 The Owner reserves the right to re-let at a discount or for a shorter period in which case we will pay the refund/waiver or a proportion of it if the Property is re-let for a shorter period, less the discount.
- 4.3 The Owner does not operate any scheme of cancellation or travel insurance and you should obtain your own insurance cover for the duration of the stay.
4.4 The Owner reserves the right to cancel the booking any time in the event of circumstances beyond the reasonable control of The Owner or if in the reasonable opinion of The Owner it is necessary to undertake essential works at the property. In these unlikely circumstances The Owner will Endeavour to offer a suitable alternative accommodation for the stay. If no such alternative accommodation is agreed between us then The Owner will refund in full all money received by us for the booking. The Owner will not otherwise be liable for any loss incurred by you as a result of the cancellation.
- Change of Booking
5.1 If a change results in a reduction in the length of the stay, then it will be regarded as a cancellation.
- Occupation of the Property
6.1 You must not use the Property for any purpose other than that of a either “Try Before you Buy” or as a non-Tourist.
6.2 The number of people staying in the Property must not exceed the
maximum number stated.
6.3 You must not use the Property for any activity or in such a way as to cause nuisance or annoyance to The Owner, its visitors or its neighbours.
6.4 You and your guests must comply with any reasonable regulations relating to the Property or the site within which the Property is situated.
6.5 You are not allowed to sub-let the property.
- Your Obligations
7.1 You agree to keep the Property and its contents in the same condition and repair as on your arrival at the Property and to pay to The Owner upon written demand any costs incurred in making good any loss or damage to the Property or its contents caused by your action or omission or that of any guest accompanying you.
7.2 No pet is permitted at a property.
- 7.3 You must allow anyone authorised by The Owner to enter the Property during the stay. The Owner will endeavour to give you reasonable notice of such a visit except in an emergency when immediate access must be allowed.
- 7.4 You must ensure that the Property is left in a clean and tidy condition on your departure at the end of your stay. This includes emptying the bins. The Owner may make a charge for any additional cleaning if this is considered necessary.
The Owner’s Right to Refuse/Terminate
8.1 The Owner reserves the right to refuse any booking.
- 8.2 The Owner reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and ask you and your guests to leave immediately if this is deemed necessary by The Owner as a result of your behavior or that of your guests or any other material breach by you of the terms of this Agreement.
- Arrival and Departure
9.1 The rental period begins at 3.00pm on the first day of the booking period and ends at 11.00am on the day of the departure. Failure to leave before this time may cause additional charges.
- Description and facilities
10.1 The Owner will endeavor to inform you at the time of booking of any changes to the web site description of the Property or of any events which may be taking place at its site near the Property during your stay. The Owner does not accept any liability for any works or activity of any sort occurring on its premises adjoining or neighboring the Property.
- 10.2 Bed Linen and towels is provided but not beach towels. On stays of more than one week, please request a change over on the next Saturday of your stay.
- 10.3 Two sun-loungers are provided and should not be left unattended outside the apartment.
11.1 This Agreement is for the purposes of a short stay rental only and does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between you and The Owner. You will not be entitled to a tenancy or to any other form of statutory security of tenure as a result of this Agreement.
12.1 If you have any cause for complaint during your stay at the Property please notify the local contact who will try and rectify the problem. If the problem persists then you should contact the Owner who will make all reasonable efforts to assist and resolve the issue. The Owner will not normally make any refund or recompense in respect of a complaint made after departure if the complaint was not made known to The Owner during the rental period. Any complaint not rectified must be notified in writing (or email).
- Lost Property
13.1 The Owner shall not be responsible for loss or damage to any of your belongings or for any injuries sustained by you or any of your guests unless caused by the negligence or default of The Owner.
- Data Protection
All personal data provided to The Owner will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the 1998 Data Protection Act. We will keep your personal data safe and secure. We will not share it with other organisations without your knowledge and consent, unless required by law to do so.
You can only stay in my apartment either as a non-Tourist or as part of the “Try before you Buy Scheme”
You are allowed to rent and stay in the apartment with a view to trying it out before possibly making an offer to purchase. The Rental amount is shown in the confirmation section.
Should you like the apartment and wish to purchase; then please make a formal offer above the 275,000 Euros reserve, before the 1st November 2014. The rental price you have paid will be credited towards the payment for the property. The apartment will be sold to the party making the best offer over the reserve on the 1st November 2014. Should there be no offers above the reserve price then the apartment will not be sold and a further scheme would be considered.
Should you not wish to purchase the property, the rental price is non-returnable and you have no further obligations.
In agreeing to rent the apartment you undertake that you are either partaking in the “Try Before you Buy” scheme or that you are not a Tourist and are staying in the apartment for any reason other than a holiday.